Digital photography workshops are a great way to encourage and grow your creativity, but most of all have fun! Whether you are completely new to photography and are looking to learn the basics, used to have an old film camera and have recently moved into the digital age, or are looking for some inspiration and creative tips we have a workshop for you.
Two Hour Digital Photography Lesson – $99
You obviously have an interest in photography and want to learn more, which is super! Whether it be a case of taking better holiday snaps or an interest in getting into more creative photography, we will work through the basics and add a bit of fuel to your creative fire! In this workshop we will go over some of the basics of how a digital camera works and dip into some quick and easy tips and tricks to get a little bit more out of your camera, whether it be the latest and greatest DSLR or a handy Point & Shoot. The gear isn’t important, but your interest in taking pictures is! Whilst doing our best to avoid jargon and technical terms, you will also be given a crash course in photo-speak.
This workshop runs per the following schedule (subject to numbers and other availabilities), however please ensure to register your interest by selecting your preferred session via our Workshop Calendar as bookings are essential:
- Wednesday 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Friday 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday 10am-12pm
- Sunday 10am-12pm
Williamstown Photo Walk – $139
After meeting at Brian Mangano Photography approximately 2 hours before dusk, we will have a short discussion about the evening’s tour before setting off for a walk around Williamstown. We will visit between five and seven locations, and will discuss things like composition, contrast and other elements that will help take your photography to another level. Please note that having a DSLR, tripod and shutter release are highly recommended but not required.
The photography walk will take place on the second Sunday of the month, weather and numbers pending. Please ensure to register your interest by selecting your preferred session via our Workshop Calendar as bookings are essential.
Techniques for the Advanced
These particular sessions will run when there is sufficient demand. Please get in touch if you wish to get more details regarding any of the following workshops:
HDR and Zen – $249
One of the best things about digital photography is the ability to exploit and manipulate images like never before in the film age. HDR or High Dynamic Range images can turn a relatively drab scene into a magnificent eye-catching work… but don’t overdo it! In this workshop we will cover what HDR is and how it works, the key benefits of HDR, what not to use HDR for and ‘keeping it Zen’.
Getting out, after dark - $249
Just about everybody talks about blue and golden hours, and both are great fun to play with. If you wait a little bit longer, until the sun is down proper, the urban landscape changes in a multitude of ways. This is an after dark photography walk that will show you exactly how elements of some of my most identifiable shots were captured.
From screen to print - $249
It is one thing to have a computer full of great looking digital files, but they don’t really come alive until you print them. We will discuss basic post-processing, printing technologies, paper properties and what you can do to get the best possible image from your screen to an album or frame.
There are a few Ts & Cs associated with the workshops, but I promise they’re not too onerous:
- Participants will be required to bring their own digital camera (and accessories for photography walks), however it is not a requirement that you bring a DSLR. Any digital camera is acceptable.
- Two Hour Photography Lesson workshops may be cancelled up to 24 hours before the scheduled commencement.
- Photography walks may be cancelled on the day of the walk, subject to expected weather conditions.
- If you wish to cancel your booking within 24 hours of a workshop, you may be charged up to the full amount of the workshop cost or forfeit any gift certificate or workshop voucher.
- Minors are welcome at workshops, but those under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Bookings are essential, and must be made via the online booking system.
- Whilst you will not be charged when making your online booking and no credit card details will be collected, payment in full will be required prior to the commencement of the workshop. This can be made via direct bank deposit or PayPal before the day of the workshop, or EFTPOS/Credit Card the day of the workshop.